Sunday 25 September 2016

The forgotten ones?

Perhaps it's the sympathy in me, possibly this is on account of I have been encompassed by so much demise of late, or perhaps it's initial menopause.

As sharp as the thistles were, as sharp as the pieces of turf were, the tears running down my face had nothing to do with weeds.

On Sept. 16, I went to cover the story, as well as to help in the Shark Cove Cemetery tidy up.

Strolling into the burial ground and seeing somebody whipper cut the grave of a child prompted my first tears.

I knew quickly it would have been harsh. Glancing around, it was very clear the graveyard may potentially be loaded with overlooked graves.

Tombstones were broken, disposed of, and some you couldn't read, having blurred away throughout the years.

Putting down my camera and my shades, I began to force weeds from a solitary grave. The weeds were up to my abdomen. With each pull, I told Elizabeth, "No stresses, we will get you some sun."

Elizabeth is the name found on the gravestone, her grave encompassed by a railing. Somebody, eventually, required some serious energy to put it there – to safeguard her spot.

Her spot, and numerous others, were totally covered in weeds. The area is very unattractive. You can't cut the grass there. You can scarcely make it between shrubberies to the following stone.

Notice - Article proceeds underneath

I don't think the state of the memorial park is especially anybody's deficiency. Be that as it may, it gave me another motivation to need to be incinerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.